I'd describe this blog as a place for the purposeful ramblings of Ruth and others. You get to read my thoughts. Will you please share yours, too?

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Victoria Falls


Victoria Falls
Originally uploaded by (t)ruth.
I knew that seeing Victoria Falls was going to be amazing, I knew we were going to get wet, and I knew I would see rainbows (there are two in this photo if you look closely). I wasn't prepared for how incredible the experience would be. John Harrison took this picture of me and shortly after he took it we were standing on the bridge you see in the background of the photo. We realized that, because of the mist from the falls, the rainbow made a complete circle around the bridge. It was one of the most spectacular things I have ever seen--a circular rainbow. it was breathtaking.

4 Comments:

Anonymous ziebro said...

that picture is amazing

June 23, 2005 11:44 AM

 
Blogger Ruth said...

Yeah, just imagine how it looked to atually be standing there!

June 23, 2005 11:59 AM

 
Blogger APN said...

Cute plastic bag....

Do you always visit such wonderully gorgeous works of God's creation with such an elaborate wardrobe?

Hehehe....

July 01, 2005 6:56 PM

 
Blogger Ruth said...

Ahem, it was actually a clear disposable poncho. It had a hood and arm holes and everything, OK? Plastic bag...?...hmph--shows how much YOU know about rain gear fashion... Let me tell you, even with the styling poncho I still got pretty drenched! Worth every second, though, no doubt about it.

July 01, 2005 7:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home