I'd describe this blog as a place for the purposeful ramblings of Ruth and others. You get to read my thoughts. Will you please share yours, too?

Sunday, July 17, 2005

House of God

As I was sitting in the sanctuary during worship this morning, I realized that I have truly missed my church. I know that every time I've been out of town in the past seven weeks it has been with people from church, and therefore I've been connected to WCPC the whole time, but it's not quite the same as being here on a Sunday morning worshiping together with everyone else. I felt connected to something beyond myself. I sat in the pew this morning and I had a deep sigh of relief. Finally, I get to be here with my church family. That was a good feeling. I felt known and missed as I conversed with people around me. There was a comfort level and an energy that I appreciated so much this morning. I don't know if it necessarily came from anything particular in the service, because it actually felt like it was coming from within me. I feel at home in my church. God's house is my home, too. Of that I am extremely grateful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home