I'd describe this blog as a place for the purposeful ramblings of Ruth and others. You get to read my thoughts. Will you please share yours, too?

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

I'm an ENFP

ENFPs have a tendency to overextend themselves in both their physical and emotional commitments. Their proclivity to procrastinate and to overlook details complicates their circumstances. ENFPs often move on to new ventures without completing those they have already started. Their charming personalities can show signs of irritability and over-sensitivity when their desires to please different people come into conflict. During times of stress, ENFPs feel alienated. They then engage in deceptions that serve to obscure what is occurring within themselves.

The ENFP finds symbolic meanings behind the immediate circumstances. These meanings are construed as foreboding problems when ENFPs are under stress. Having a pervasive feeling of losing control over their own independent identities, ENFPs will feel virtually split apart by intruding circumstances. They will be "besides themselves" and "just not all there" — as if something, or someone, has taken away the essence of who they are. Not feeling like themselves, the ENFP will become subject to their own feelings of shame for being a phony, a fake or an impostor. If stress continues to grow, they may attribute malevolent schemes to others in order to explain away their fears.


So accurate it's scary! I kind of wish that wasn't the way I handle stress, but yeah, it's pretty true--with the exception of "malevolent schemes"--I'm not so sure I go that far with it...
Danielle gave me this link to a personality test website and since I love those things, I took the survey. I'm curious...what is your personality type? I wonder if your description will be as on target as mine was.

8 Comments:

Anonymous ziebro said...

ditto for me...ENFP!

August 30, 2005 3:11 PM

 
Anonymous ziebro said...

ENFP jobs...(notice there's no engineer there :p)

conference planner
speech pathologist
HR development trainer
ombudsman
clergy
journalist
newscaster
career counselor
housing director
character actor
marketing consultant
musician/composer
artist
information-graphics...designer
human resource manager
merchandise planner
advertising account manager
dietitian/nutritionist
speech pathologist
massage therapist
editor/art director

August 30, 2005 3:14 PM

 
Blogger Ruth said...

But "clergy" is there, which loosely describes what I do. (p.s. I hate that term--it seems so stuffy and official. Ew.)

Hey, Travis. They do have musician/composer on the list, which your cd certainly proves you are, even if you don't get paid for your skills...

August 30, 2005 3:33 PM

 
Blogger APN said...

Here I am -- ENFJ

The ENFJs optimistic outlook toward social relationships is a burden to them at times. When external conflicts affect a group, the ENFJ is likely to assume responsibility. Their ability to empathize then turns into a liability. ENFJs, when over-identifying with the pain of others, will loose sight of their own concerns and interests. Their idealism can also be the cause of some distress when their assumptions are unable to weather the winds of reality. Fantasized relationships rarely translate into reality and even the best charismatic leader encounters unexpected resistance.

Like all NFs, ENFJs will disassociate themselves from stressful situations in an effort to protect their sense of well-being and togetherness. The ENFJ, however, will repress the unpleasant side of life only to have to face it later in an intensified form when it explodes from its hiding place. It can manifest itself as fits of anger, sudden outbursts, or emotional explosions. Often the ENFJ's body will reflect pent-up stress by manifesting various physical symptoms that will erupt unexpectedly.
Careers

This lists represent careers and jobs people of your type tend to enjoy doing. The job requirements are similar to the personality tendencies of your personality type. It is important to remember that this is not a list of all the jobs possible. And it is very important to remember that people can, and frequently do, fill jobs that are dissimilar to their personality... this happens all the time...and sometimes works out quite well.
entertainer
recruiter
artist
newscaster
writer/journalist
recreation director
librarian
facilitator
politician
psychologist
housing director
career counselor
sales trainer
travel agent
program designer
corporate/team trainer
child welfare worker
social worker (elderly...services)
interpreter/translator
occupational therapist
executive: small business
alcohol/drug counselor
sales manager

August 30, 2005 6:04 PM

 
Blogger Tmproff said...

ENFJ Here....Supposedly the Leadership personality. I've tried to avoid leadership for a period in my life because of how it turned into an idol in my life. I guess the closest job title to me is the program designer.

August 30, 2005 7:56 PM

 
Anonymous jason p said...

INTJ - The "Scientist" (big surprise there ) - Most self-confident and pragmatic of all the types. Decisions come very easily. These are the most independent of all types. They love logic and ideas and are drawn to scientific research. They can be rather single-minded, though.. 1% of the total population.

I think it's also interesting to see how far along the scale you are in the different categories. I'm pretty close to the middle on "Sensation vs. Intuitiion" and "Judging vs. Perceiving," but I'm 95% "Thinking" over "Feeling" and 88% "Introvert" over "Extrovert."

August 31, 2005 9:23 AM

 
Blogger Ruth said...

All of mine were pretty high, no real middle of the road for me when it comes to the classifications. 77% Extrovert, 76% iNtuition, 88% Feeling, and 100% Perceiving. Yes, that's right, I got a 100% on one of them...
I think it's kind of funny that you and I are almost the exact opposite, Jason.

August 31, 2005 12:20 PM

 
Anonymous Becky said...

I took the test three times and got ESFJ, INFJ and ISTJ.

Interesting that J never changed...I think E was a mistake on the first one--I can be talkative and social, but in general meeting/interacting with people exhausts me.

I tended to be middle of the road on all of them (mostly 40-50% on everything), which is weird, because I don't think of myself as a really middle-of-the-road-y person-I think I have a pretty strong personality. Apparently it just doesn't fit in this test...or something.

Or maybe I sabatoged myself by thinking about it too hard.

August 31, 2005 11:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home