I'd describe this blog as a place for the purposeful ramblings of Ruth and others. You get to read my thoughts. Will you please share yours, too?

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Jesus Postcard

This picture was sent to me as a postcard. I started laughing out loud last night when I got home and saw it in my mailbox. Granted, you'll have to forgive the fact that the quality of the photo is not very great (it's a photo of a photo that has been through the U.S. Postal Service). But, man, it's too funny not to share. Some might think it's a bit sacreligious, but I think it's hilarious. My friend was searching about what to do for a wedding present for his friends. He took this picture of himself, had it blown up to an 8x10, put it in an ornately gaudy frame, and signed it "Good luck on your marriage. Love, Jesus." When he told me the story, I started laughing and he said he would send me a personalized one as a postcard. Mine says (in case you can't read it), "Thanks for all of your hard work!! Your friend, xoxo Jesus." Too funny. I'm definitely going to put it somewhere so I remember not to take myself too seriously. We all need a good laugh now and then, don't we?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home