I'd describe this blog as a place for the purposeful ramblings of Ruth and others. You get to read my thoughts. Will you please share yours, too?

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Laura's Engaged!

One of my college roommates got engaged last Saturday! I am proud to say that I was the first phone call. Well, that is, after she called her boyfriend to accept his proposal.

Confused?

She was with all of our friends from college for a ladies' weekend (I was the only one who couldn't attend...) in Minnesota. She only gets to see them about once a year and Drew knew that she would want to celebrate something like that with her friends. So... She was showing all the girls her photo album from when the two of them went to Europe. When she got to the end of the album, she noticed a card that was placed in one of the photo sleeves. It was a letter from Drew that ended with the question, "Will you marry me?"

Bawling, hugs, screams, smiles, sighs...she and her closest friends got to experience the moment together. How great that Drew knew how much that would mean to her. What a guy.

I just hope I can go to the wedding. I already missed out on being with her for the proposal. I don't want to miss out on the wedding, too! I hope it's not scheduled for the same time as the youth ski trip.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Laura said...

I am so excited that I made it into your blog! You just made my day! I really hope you can make it to the wedding. I know it's along trip from Texas...but since it seems you might already have a date :)

October 12, 2005 6:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home