I'd describe this blog as a place for the purposeful ramblings of Ruth and others. You get to read my thoughts. Will you please share yours, too?

Sunday, August 07, 2005

Moved By Beauty

My first Moleskine journal is now filled with words after a busy and thought-provoking summer, so after Carrie and I went to see a movie I stopped by Borders to buy a couple books and a new journal. The coffee table books on the bookcase near the register caught my eye and I started flipping through one on beautiful places in America and then another on U.S. National Parks. As I looked at the photographs I found myself having to catch my breath, close my gaping mouth, and hold back the tears in my eyes. I couldn't handle the beauty of what I was seeing. Many of the pictures reminded me of times when I had seen those places in person and I found myself longing to be somewhere like that again. I am so grateful that my parents raised me with summer camping road trips to experience and appreciate nature. It's a part of me, which gives me such a strong desire to live somewhere picturesque. Someday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home