I'd describe this blog as a place for the purposeful ramblings of Ruth and others. You get to read my thoughts. Will you please share yours, too?

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

"Yes"

I am so amazed at my new pastor's willingness to say "yes" to things. Even when it's not an immediate "yes" he seems to always have the attitude of investigating the possibilities.

You need a PDA? OK, go buy one. And don't be cheap about it.
You don't have a computer at home? We have to fix that. The church should consider paying for your internet so you can keep in contact with kids.
We need to incorporate more music within the youth ministry. Let's see how we can do that and look into going outside of the church if necessary. What would it take to pay someone to do that?
You've been working on your days off or going on trips and you need an additional day of rest? You just let me know and we'll work it out.

He really wants to equip me to do the best job I can. How refreshing and empowering!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not a bad outlook for you after only a couple of months as the new pastor. Right?

What are the lessons here? I'd say 1. let the actions you take based on the "help" he's offering make a real impact on your ministry. 2. when you become the boss of people - be this great!

August 17, 2005 12:12 PM

 
Blogger APN said...

This Anon person (if all these recent anon posts are from the same person) has lots of good things to say. I esp concur with the comment concerning being great when you become the boss.

Granted, I rather think that you're already great....

August 17, 2005 7:23 PM

 
Blogger Ruth said...

I felt like I did a great job "being the boss" leading others tonight at the adult leader meeting. In a context when I haven't always risen to the level I know I'm capable of, I felt like (for a change) I was truly leading tonight. I felt confident and competent. They respected what I had to say. Ah, that's a good feeling. (Maybe it's because I was thoroughly prepared and it showed.)

August 17, 2005 9:19 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home