I'd describe this blog as a place for the purposeful ramblings of Ruth and others. You get to read my thoughts. Will you please share yours, too?

Monday, September 19, 2005

New Post

It's been a while since I've clicked that icon on the Blogger Dashboard hasn't it?

So, what is new since September 6, the last time I posted?
Let's see...
-I'm living in a new apartment now. Antoinette and I moved into Whispering Pines Ranch on Labor Day weekend.
-I went to Round Top, TX for a choir retreat and had a blissful drive home on Scenic Highway 390.
-I spent three days in San Antonio with the WCPC staff at an Alban Institute conference on building church staff teams.
-My fingernails are getting so long that I really need to file them because it's hard to type.
-I went running with a group of people from the YMCA who are training to run the half marathon in January and I think I'm going to give it a shot, too.
-I changed my flight to Vancouver so I get to spend two days with Stephanie this Wednesday and Thursday, before I do a reading in my cousin's wedding this weekend.
-I got a date for Brian Donovan's wedding on October 8.
-I figured out that I am going to stay at my aunt and uncle's house while I'm in Sacramento for the National Youth Workers Convention the last weekend of September.
-I used randmcnally.com to map out my road trip from Denver to Chicago to Pennsylvania to The Woodlands, which is happening the first week of October.
-I took some pictures with my new phone and checked my e-mail, too.
-I went on the internet with my new HP iPAQ.
-I went to the Dave Matthews Band concert and had a fabulous time.
-I have made some great realizations about myself and made some important changes as a result of going to a counselor.
-I started to read Through Painted Deserts.
-I started to read Captivating.
-I have enjoyed both books, even if I haven't finished either one!
-I bought a new entertainment center from IKEA and now my 13" t.v. looks even more pathetic and tiny.
-I started setting up the "nook," the space Antoinette and I have created to drink coffee and have quiet time. It's precious. Cozy, too.
-I made my bed a record four times in the past two weeks.
-I have missed my friends, as my schedule has been quite full.

7 Comments:

Blogger Tmproff said...

We miss you too Ruth :)

September 20, 2005 11:07 AM

 
Blogger LK said...

we really need to talk more, i didn't know 1/3 of that! call me soon.

September 23, 2005 10:13 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sure hope that the counselor can help with the procrastination.

September 23, 2005 7:56 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sure hope that the counselor is not the date to the wedding.

September 27, 2005 12:50 PM

 
Blogger Ruth said...

Ha, ha. No, the counselor's name is Monica, so she is certainly not the date to the wedding. I'll be seeing him in six days, I don't see Monica for another 11 after that!

September 27, 2005 1:38 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what's going on? don't make me axe you from my fav's for lack of posts.

October 04, 2005 2:04 PM

 
Blogger Ruth said...

I've been out of town and away from a computer for quite some time now. But, boy do I have some interesting thoughts I'd love to write about when I have a moment...

October 11, 2005 12:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home