I'd describe this blog as a place for the purposeful ramblings of Ruth and others. You get to read my thoughts. Will you please share yours, too?

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Back In Town

I am back in The Woodlands from my trip to Sacramento/Denver/Chicago/Pennsylvania (and all the other cities in between)! I haven't even been back to my apartment, though. We drove through the night and I went straight to work.

I have stories and thoughts to share, but not now. Here are some of the things I might tell you about...
-Views from the airplane window (with pictures!)
-The Bluegrass Festival in San Francisco
-Perfect weather for running in Sacramento
-My 30 minute conversation with Chris, a man standing on a street corner with a sign that read "Homosexuality is Sin"
-Oneness as a way of understanding God
-The Tree of Life vs. The Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil (what does that second tree's name mean?)
-a "DTR" as the sun was setting on the plains in Kansas
-hitting golf balls at the driving range
-Learning to use "we" language instead of "I" language
-Chicago style pizza
-I realized I am my mother
-Wrong turns as opportunities
-Parallels between relationships and faith when it comes to risk-taking and surrendering to the unknown.
-Brian's wedding
-Niagra Falls
-The "HEY COW!" game

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back!
What's "DTR"?

October 11, 2005 3:24 PM

 
Anonymous ziebro said...

ah c'mon anonymous! DTR is an old relationship lingo standby... it means Define The Relationship.

October 12, 2005 5:15 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ziebro - thanks for the help with DTR. i'm hoping the result was a good one for ruth. If i had to guess i would say yes just because of how she described it. But maybe i'm wrong and Ruth's gotten sarcastic. I hope not.

i'm not surprised at the disconnect between me and "relationship lingo" i've long been in the dark on that stuff.

October 13, 2005 10:04 AM

 
Blogger Ruth said...

Yes, the DTR most certainly went well. Very, very well. The relationship continues to get better each day, as a matter of fact. :) It's really fun to be a wonderful man's girlfriend.

October 13, 2005 10:50 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home